Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada


What a wonderful, boffy cool movie. Meryl Streep was awesome and elegant, inhuman but very human. Stanley Tucci was great in his character. Anne Hathaway was totally stunning in beauty and in playing the soft hearted young woman conflicted between a new, devouring career and her life as she knew it B.C. Her character was the old story of a plain jane turned into a glam creature and facing much conflict between demanding career and her life before career. But the movie was so totally charming, I found myself cheering on the transformation from the beginning. The cinematography was also stunning - the shots of Paris were so beautiful, one could cry! The fashions, loved them!

On a personal note, I was afraid I might be seeing some parallels in my life, but I'm not confessing them.

Since I get seniors' prices (although they "card" me) I will see it again. And maybe again.

5 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I remember when my dad started getting seniors prices on stuff. He would say, don't you want to see my ID, and inevitably the clerk would say, oh no, sir, we believe you're a senior, and my dad would say, aw, damn it all to hell, you could at least humour me and ask for some ID......

Bridget Jones said...

I complain about not getting carded wherever they post those obnoxious tobacco signs (over 19) heh heh heh

Wandering Coyote said...

I know people who cannot wait to turn 60 so they can get the seniors discount!

Glad you liked the movie; you're the first person I've talked to who's had anything positive to say about it.

Gardenia said...

I think a person would have to enjoy the fashion industry to enjoy the movie - or watching a person be insulted and keep a big, wide smile on the face! When I was a little kid and should have been paying attention in grade school, I was dreaming up fashion and drawing clothing.

Heidi Grether said...

Okay, I am back. Have you read the book? I have heard it is excellant. I am reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett right now. Can hardly get anything done!