Friday, September 02, 2011

In the Garden of Good and Evil

The rains of TD13 have beat all the petals of my flowers off, and a great deal of the leaves. Oh well, easy come, easy go. Haven't had the fortitude to weed in 114 F degree heat index either. At least it has cooled to the low 90's and even 82 since the storm has come in and lingered.

Juried into the Artel Gallery - with "He Wasn't Who He Pretended to Be" A fun, freaky piece of work. The Artel receptions are so fun, elegant with an edge of funk. I'm excited

Dogs won't go out to potty because of storm. I pray that their insides are temporarily paralyzed. Yes, I'm truly evil.

Some kind of horrible procrastination disease left me today and I paid bills, gathered all my medical records together so I can make a doctor's appointment for myself, and got all the papers out for my young temporary Ward that I love so much.

Took oldest Grandson's silver ring I made him to the jeweler to have the stone set, and the ring polished - can't wait to see it. This is been sitting for 3 years.

Now, I need to hang up all my clothes, 2/3 of which are too small - because I can't afford Doc Lovely anymore. It was nice being ten years younger than my age while it lasted. Naw, now for the truth - I've been stressed and eating too much and sometimes drinking a bit more than I should.

So true confessions in this blog post - hopefully the State of Wyoming has quit downloading my blog files to their computers - I will always laugh about the recipe for split pea soup - wonder if the governor ate some? Glad those days are gone. Actually I have become an avid poster of news, not the corporate bought variety, but the real news - there are hundreds of protesters in Washington as I write this - - one of our Senators wrote me a nice letter - trying to pass a bill to make BP give back the people's tax $ they used to clean up THEIR mess which only 3% is cleaned up. So I feel a little power to the people though I'm sure some think I've truly lost it. Oh well. Its fun getting older - one has an excuse for all sorts of eccentricities............

Later -

I think I even have energy left to start a charcola.

4 comments:

Stagg said...

WOW!!So much in one post!!Keep going-a trick I use is to stay a few drinks ahead of my drinks before n' during libation situations...I hope that helps n' I hope you get to drink lots of good water..sometimes that helps too!!

STAGG

Candy Minx said...

Sounds like you have had quite a turn around. I bet it felt good to get some of those errands behind you. I hope you are feeling better and the heat has given way for a bit Water is our friend!

S.M. Elliott said...

You're weathering the storm so well! I've been beating back that procrastination gremlin with much less success.

PJs Epistles said...

The curtains in Moses' tabernacle were embroidered with "open flowers". I am wondering whether they were day lilies, gardenias or magnolias. I am almost positive they had to have a strong fragrance to remind us of God's covenant love.