Monday, December 21, 2009

Testing 1, 2, 3












"H" bought me a new camera for Christmas. So far it looks really super - I wanted one with a less limiting focal length than I now have, where I could print large format should the whim hit me, one that had good macro and the possibility to change lenses for wide angle, yet digital, rechargeable batteries, small - she's all that, plus does HD video! Now I wish he had saved this money before buying me the Flip video camera. Well, they won't go to waste! The only limitation I found is that the SD cards, I think are expensive but they can load - $19.95 for 490 photos not bad, the internal memory is really limited! Only two pics. I have the option of setting the camera for the large format size down to the size for emails and posting on web. Oh yeah, do I feel spoiled! I can't wait to hit the great outdoors!
An SD card that will hold the info for over two hours of HD is really espensive though.
The top photo was a night shot - the only illumination was the flash. Powerful for a little digital.
The berries - well, I know the macro works fine! The "natural" folage in our yard - from the swamp it was before homes - is not lacking in detail. I happy.
Christmas prep charges on - have to take a break and take grandson to doctor - he has an infected foot! His mom is sick. Stepdad on way to pick up his cousin for Christmas visit!
I'm not cooking much for Christmas - not like I did Thanksgiving - that cost me ten pounds (not pounds, but too much weight.)
Ok, someone sitting in the chair I need to get rid of so I can work or whatever in peace.....
Better call that doctor!






5 comments:

tshsmom said...

I've been saving up for a digital SLR for 3 yrs now. I can buy a body for less than $400, but the lenses are sooo expensive!

Looks like S is enjoying his cute Santa cake. ;)

Candy Minx said...

The colours and quality look fantastic on your new camera. How much fun you must be having with it. Looking forward to lots more pics!

Gardenia said...

Yes - the lenses are horrible - since I shoot my art work for a record I already want the one that does away with glare - aaak too expensive for now - maybe Easter bunny?

tweetey30 said...

Happy Holidays my friend.i wish I could have a new camera this year.. But not this year... Oh that is cute the cake.... I am not in theloop right now.. Just trying to stay in focus for the holidays...

Wandering Coyote said...

New cameras are great, aren't they? Have fun with yours. So far so good, the pictures you posted are really crisp.

Hope you have a great week and Merry Christmas to you and your family, Gardenia!