Sunday, February 19, 2006

Heart's Mission for 2007

I'm sitting here, the sun is actually shining, and the light is almost prophetic. Playing on my computer speakers are the incredible voices of South African AIDS orphans. They sing like angels, their lilting voices singing in Zulu and in English. Their voices are incredible. Tears are running down my cheeks as they were three weeks ago when Rev. Rebeka announced that she knew where we were to go in 2007. Our church has determined to obey the words of Jesus and go "....to the ends of the earth." I must go or my heart will break and my consciencc will forever haunt me in the faces of the children in the orphanage.

Click on either of my two new links. One is a CD project to benefit these orphans. The other is a photographer's website whose photos trace the spirit of these youngsters.

Rev. Ron Nelson from Denver spoke at our church this morning. Rev. Nelson leads groups to the orphanage twice a year. His small church has done big things in South Africa. I am humbled and also ashamed of my griping about the weather and the "small things" in the face of what I learned today about the pandemic of HIV/AIDS in Africa. I am humbled that I may be able to walk the streets where Nelson Mandela walked. I am humbled that I might be able to visit a place where arpetheid was turned upside down after bloody battles. I am humbled that I might be able to touch the children in any small way.

If you want your heart to sing - check out the CD!

Be blessed and full of love and hope today.

1 comment:

Heidi Grether said...

Wow, what a mission. I went to both websites. What a pandemic. Thanks for opening my eyes.