Thursday, February 23, 2006

Jes' thought all my southern friends should know what sagebrush looks like. It's a color that I have attempted to duplicate on the walls in my home in Florida, with a pale, silver carpet. God is sure the ultimate artist - His palettes are perfect. The smell of sagebrush could never be duplicated, especially the smell of sagebrush in the rain. Heavenly!

Well, did you ever wake up with cramps - cramps in the thighs, or the feet, or the calves that make you scream, and wonder if you could even get to the emergency room? Last night I woke up, and my feet were twisted around like backward golf clubs. I threw myself over the side of the bed, and finally got them to flatten out enough to stand up. Then I went to the kitchen and ate 3 of those carmel things full of calcium. An hour later, I got up and, bent over like an old cotton picker, hobbled to the kitchen in search of potassium. Spied a banana and made a smoothie. Back to bed. An hour later, up again, this time in search of drugs, any drugs. Finding a muscle relaxer, I gulped it down and returned to bed. After all I had one more hour to sleep before getting ready for work. Woke up to my alarm going off and fog filled my head, but no cramps. I went to work looking like I had seen better days (or nights).

Spent the evening working on the church website until I am once again in a fog. I think once that site and the County's is done, I'm laying off web design for a couple of months and getting out the oil paints or doing something that isn't technical.

Lost my cell phone (which is also my land phone) and I feel isolated and cut off from what little contact I have with my family. Alone on another planet.

Brrrrr, going to climb under the down comforter and sleep, hopefully.

1 comment:

Buffy said...

Really lovely photo...