Saturday, February 25, 2006

Slowing Down


A quiet place on the edge of town....a memory of slower times.

Cough, cough, cough. The bronchitis woes that have decimated our work staff finally got the best of me. I'm home in my jammies and simmering chicken soup on the stove. All week an inner voice had been saying "slow down, will ya!" Most of the week I ignored the voice. A few times I did tell myself not to be so frantic, my keys WERE in my purse, I WILL find the missing cell phone and missing two pairs of birkies. So, I would slow even in the little things and take my time to put my keys away, and to wash my face carefully, and to sit a few moments in the morning and pray rather than RUN and pray. But not enough. Was the ache in my shoulder from holding the shoulders so tightly that the unseen whip that drives me would not hurt so much? But in the long run it hurts worse. Sometimes there are two Japanese (no offense) demons that drive me, "Mr. Ishoulda" and "Mr. Ioughta." Can never do enough fast enough. But the unholy part is I am robbed of my serenity. New Mantra - Easy does it and SLOW DOWN!

Enough of that. The church website, I think, is looking good and the worst (or best) of it is done. It debues tomorrow in church if I'm not coughing too hard to make it. I will indulge in a little pride. The refurbished replacement phone which my Verizon insurance pays for minus a deductible of $50.00 (is this an oxymoron? Ya, kinda like homeowners insurance in the South) should be here Monday. Now, if the berkies will just show up!!!

1 comment:

Heidi Grether said...

You are right, insurance has become moronic!! But, I am glad you will be up in cell world again. Don't you love Buffy? Her writings just grab me in. Hope your cough gets better. :>)