Saturday, June 09, 2007

Dizzy Introspection

Trying to do things today, but so dizzy I feel like I've been turning in circles as fast as I can. Ever do that as a little kid? I was dizzy while lying still in bed last night.

Trying to decide if I need to go to ER? Don't want to spend my day off up there, but in light of recent events I'm a little scared. If I go and ya don't hear from me, it means they have kept me. This time I'm taking a portable DVD player. And refusing transfusions from nurses that act like the one from "Cuckoo's Nest." In the mean time, my husband's health insurance has expired, but the new insurance has not kicked in, so I don't know if they will even admit me. I would not go, hoping it would eventually wear off but I dang near died even when I went last time.

First I have to clean up and sanitize poopy stain where Ms. Meowi relieved herself - wish I knew how cats think. She'll be really good and then out of nowhere - the assault upon my senses! Then after that episode, this morning she ran over my foot leaving deep claw marks, enough for blood to run on the floor. (You can tell a cat lover by their scars.) Right now she is staying away from me because I sure did yell at her. I wish there was some way to indulge in a love for animals absent pet hairs, vomit, poop & pee, wounds, and expense and a lot of work. I mean kids are work enough - but face it, they hit the toilet much more often than pets. And if a child wounded me, I would have the child at the therapist's office. How unsanitary are pets? I hate to think. How insane am I for having this menagerie. Maybe I should see the therapist.

I turned the one workplace into EEO. They say I have a definite case for age discrimination. Now, I'm wondering if I should go through with it. Half of me says, yes - they shouldn't be able to flaunt the laws. But they do it all the time in all categories, but that is not my job to make them obey laws. My job is to take care of myself. I'm still angry at them. But the other half of me tells me I need to get my strength back and get well and move on. I have the EEO papers on my desk looking at me. Other possibilities are that, even though I did nothing wrong, and served the entity and my boss and even the commissioners well, because of politics and viciousness they may come after me even though they know that I spoke the truth when they started after us politically. It has happened and continues to happen in that town. In politics, if you aren't in with the crowd of the moment, then you're trashed. Yet recently two long time residents who were/are embezzlers of other people's money (thousands and thousands) walk the streets and the Elk's club with what looks like immunity - but that's only my knowledge. Most people would be in jail though.

Oh, enough, I need to access the website for my husband's work and see if there are any instructions on how to get medical care when the store is saying they don't know if there is coverage.

2 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Uh-oh, dizzy isn't good. What a dilemma... I hope your husband's new medical kicks in soon for just this reason...you never know when anything is going to crop up... I hope you're feeling better soon. As for the discrimination case...I don't know what I'd do. Do you have the energy to put into it? Do you think expending the energy is worthwhile? I could have made a complaint to the labour board about that stupid bakery last year, but I was too sick to pursue it back then, and eventually I just let go. I don't want to advise you one way or the other, but I know it's tough.

tshsmom said...

I would not exert myself today, and head for the doctor's office tomorrow, if dizziness is still an issue. But, that's just me. I ABHOR the emergency room; what a waste of a WHOLE day!

As for the lawsuit; I'd let it drop. I would love to see them pay for what they did to you. HOWEVER, I'm sure they have all the crooked lawyers in their pocket. They've already doctored the evidence to make you look inept. Would it be worth all the stress....and expense?