Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday

Want a shortcut to the funny farm? Try not designing a website for 2 years, then try uploading one to the host. Sure am having fun. (not really) - another day and it should be up though. This is the banner. The background is a navy blue. Not too fancy. I'm anxious to get it up and then - paint.

My former drawing teacher invited me over to her studio with a handful of other artists and teachers. They were getting a collaborative piece ready to submit for a juried show. Being with a creative group spirit fired me up. I wish I had her studio or similar - it was even air-conditioned! But I am praying for one, so maybe - soon? She has ventured out into encaustics and I absolutely drooled when I saw her warming plate, wax tubes, brushes, and the results. Yummy! So I think it is necessary for me to get back into circles and stop "lone dogging" it as I am going nowhere in getting materials to a canvas.

Today S. wanted "throwed rolls" (I wish I had taken my camera.) So we headed out to Alabama, a short trip actually. We found the throwed rolls restaurant and we ate two rolls apiece and had to bring our orders of food home. The portions are gigantic. We still have enough of the second chef's salad to easily serve four people.

We stopped at the huge outlet mall and purchased a few more shorts for summer for him. (I will never wear black jeans in the summertime in Florida again! HOT!) Then, I cannot pass a farmer's market without stopping. We bought a watermelon which is yucky and went to the trash, a yummy, juicy, sweet cantaloupe, ripened on the vine tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, and corn. The new corn has been sweet and really good. Tomorrow am going to make a black bean and corn salad. Ha, ha - to go with the chef's salad.

No comments: