Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Getting to Know you - what was that tune?

Passed on by Candy Minx:

1. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 10 Years ago. Working at a guardianship agency servicing mostly incapacitated elderly. Painting. Preparing to become grandmother for last little one. Art classes.

2. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 1 YEAR AGO..blogging and preparing for an election, worrying about voting machines, treachery, bawling around about being in Wyoming.

3. FIVE SNACKS YOU ENJOY, popcorn, fruit, pork rinds, nuts, string cheese.

4. FIVE SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO: Lay Lady Lay (Dylan), You are my Sunshine - passed down from my grandma to me to kids, to my grandkids, Star Spangled Banner, Turkey Leg Woman (amost all the words), Amazing Grace, Do you know the Muffin Man. Ok, ok, don't laugh.

5. FIVE THINGS YOU DO IF YOU WERE A MILLIONAIRE...Grab my sister & take a trip on the Orient Express from England to Istanbul with lots of stops - particularly Paris and Prague, pay off all the bills in the family and make one of them way more comfortable - central air conditioning!, invest, have regular massages, maybe find a country that had serious infrastructure problems and almost nill employment, grab my old boss from the County and go to that Country and see what we could do! Nix, the last one - not enough energy left. At my age? Buy a luxury condo on the beach, paint from the balcony and lay in the sun by the pool. Hey, I blew off that million in a hurry, huh? Is there more?

6. FIVE BAD HABITS: too much introspection, compulsive worry, choosing insane jobs, looking at the impossible, thinking "ya, I can do that."

7. FIVE THINGS YOU LIKE DOING: Being high maintenance, YA! (Cuz I never have been - but hey, give me a pedicure, salon appointment, a hot stone massage, a new outfit - it doesn't take much!), blogging, doing art - any medium, visiting exotic places, being with family.

8. FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD NEVER WEAR AGAIN, knickers, high heels (can't), bikini, round and round stripes, a perm.

Tag: Red, * - (I don't hear much from you) and.........Puppy of course, oh shoot, all of ya...........L, ....., and.......all of ya.......

7 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, central air conditioning for sure! I don't think I could live in your climate without it! There's nothing wrong with too much introspection! "An unexamined life isn't worth living."

Gardenia said...

W.C. What a wonderful saying!

Red said...

Scary to see how fast all that money would go if you had it, eh? I daresay my plans for life as a millionaire wouldn't be much different!

I'll take up the tag challenge and post mine after giving it some thought...

Biddie said...

LOL! A million sure doesn't go far these days, does it!

* (asterisk) said...

I'll do it, G. I am always around, but work has taken its toll of late. Whenever I have five minutes I try to do a post, and then I'm usually all out of time to go through my blogroll. Things will change a bit soon, though!

Anonymous said...

k gat itdo it soonest
xx
dx3

Candy Minx said...

Loved this response thanks for taking on the tag...I like the same snacks as you yum.

Isn't it amazing how much has changed from one year ago? Last year was a testing time for you I believe now it seems so far away...Wyoming well you proved you could fight and take a chance!