Sunday, July 15, 2007

Irresistible Junk Triggers Psychotic Episode

I picked up the sack with all the material in it with intentions of walking to the trash. I did. Honestly, that was my intention. But I slipped, one eyball sort of slid downward exposing the pupil which is connected to the packrat part of the brain and the brain signaled back - "Look, look more, dig through it!" And.....I did.

Out of the bag came this wonderful fish print. Since the grandson's room is done in a Hawaii sort of teal calling for a tropical bedspread, the creative part of the brain told me to cut the fabric into a square, mount it, and frame it for his wall. He loved the idea.

Ok. Where oh where will I hide this package that dropped in from the garage until I can perform my fantasies upon it? There are multiple projects that can be dreamed up! So, does it matter that the sweatshirt embellished with deer cutouts that I gave to my ex-brother-in-law went to the garbage? Nope, not a bit.

7 comments:

tweetey30 said...

I need to get my material I have for Kora and Bris new quilts to my godmother. I dont sew but she said she would make them if I bought the material. Well I bought the material and just havent gotten to sending it to her yet. I still need the backing. She uses one twin size flat sheet for the back and then I have to find out how much the filling is going to cost me. I want them made. Just because I have one made from her. Thanks for the invite Gardenia.

mister anchovy said...

nothing like a bag of good old stuff to ignite the imagination

Wandering Coyote said...

That is a great fish print. What's the saying: one person's trash is another's treasure?

DILLIGAF said...

Into the garbage??? Ungrateful bugger. If my mother ever gets me clothes they go to our local tramp to keep him warm in winter.

Candy Minx said...

What a lot of fun that print is and will most definately suit a tropical theme. I agree with Mister Anchovy...sometimes these weird surprises of stuff tweak our imaginations and get us moving.

Gardenia said...

4d - LOL, yah, he coulda at least donated it to the local mission, but would would any self-respecting street person wear an appliqued T-shirt - uh, the glitter was supposed to be snow.

tshsmom said...

I'm with ya!
I don't throw anything away if it's still useful.
While decluttering Z's room, we've come out with 2 boxes for the Salvation Army, 1 box for Tweetey's girls, and 2-30 gallon bags of garbage.