Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Dog Days


Anyone who wants to laugh, may. If there were no possibilities of humor in my misadventures, then I would be jumping off the side of the mountain.

Two more days till my sister comes. The moods have improved some - but wow - not enough. I do still have concerns about her staying by herself considering the layout of the house and everything - esp. the dog care. A 2,000 mile spread is pretty far away if she needs help. So far efforts to set up some sort of services have met with scorn and continued griping about how "no one ever helps" and "why does this always happen to me" - not being able to see that house upkeep comes with a house, the operations come with life, that at 83, she actually has a better consitution than I do. I have been freaking not being able to wash my food like a racoon with my special water - and the hygiene at the house, taking every capsule I can think of to keep my immunity functioning.

Going on a road trip Friday noon to Sat. noon - picture taking - filming perhaps - much needed break. I'm well aware that whatever I leave behind temporarily will be snooped through thoroughly - I thinks I will put a mouse trap in one of the compartments of my suitcase.....

I have done my own snooping with permission through the drawers in the dresser in the bedroom I sleep in - its been very very hard - she wanted me to empty my son's dresser in the garage and I opened the first drawer and was overwhelmed with the desire to fold his things neatly and tenderly - and immediately closed it before I became overwhelmed with grief I can't afford to deal with right now. I found an old packet of letters I sent her from Baltimore many many years ago - probably around 1966 - I will have to publish excerpts - will do - much pathos, but many laughs in them too....at the absurdity of life situations.

Well, my grocery basket is looking at me - I should check out - just not ready to go back to the house yet....

3 comments:

punxxi said...

better post there while you can, someplaces are dumping the wifi ho spots !ope you get some peace and rest SOON!!!

Biddie said...

I learned a long time ago to laugh at own misadventures - otherwise, I would cry. I did smile at the thought of a mouse trap.
I can not imagine the overwhelming grief that would come with going through your sons belongings. You are so much stronger than I than could ever be.
Hugs xx

tweetey30 said...

I hope things look up soon my friend. Its hard being away from home. Hugs and I hope to hear from you soon.