Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Busy but Lazy

My least favorite kind of painting - portrait. I took on this one because I felt as if I had something to learn from her - Lillian Moyer - and I believe I found it - however not satisfied with painting - will go on the wall for staring at until I figure out what is wrong - perhaps someday I'll see her in person and be able to finish it.

Lst night's sunset. It has been raining and raining since the Oil Deluge in the Gulf. Perhaps the sky is mourning - after all, it receives a portion of the ocean and rains it back - who knows. Last nights' was stunning - the picture doesn't do it justice.

Grandson and I went to the Interactive Monkey King exhibit at the Museum of Art. Tuesday afternoons are free, and I was delighted to find out an exhibit of Matisse's books was there, as well as some of Salvador Dali's works. What a treat!



My own monkey king!



In the morning I was greeted by a rainbow. Rainbows have become very meaningful to me this year - I see them everywhere!
Tired today - on the downside of my energy cycles - was flying high, then crashed. Afternoon naps have been yummy. Our 90 F plus temps and humidity have been a bit much, not wanting to go outside and I have yard work today to do, yag. If I were 20 years younger, it would be be but a mere two hours work. "H" has been promising for two months, and he finally got the compost and the mulch and now I'm going on day 4 of thinking if its going to get done, I better get out there. No, I'm not out there. Don't like the thought of dog days of summer beginning in June!



4 comments:

tweetey30 said...

I have some awsome pix up of a storm that passed over us but didnt drop thankfully and then if FB i have a video of the clouds.. they were spinning on top of us.. thankfully they didnt drop..

punxxi said...

love the monkey king piccy!

Candy Minx said...

Monkey king is funny! Good work on the portraits!

Gardenia said...

The portrait is done - I think that's all for a while. "H" loves it, but is worried because he says her eyes follow him.