Friday, June 23, 2006

For All Those Hurtin' Hearts


Two of my "linkies" are hurtin' bad tonight becaue of suicide. This drawing and poem were done by my son, Rod of God, 1963 to - well, he lived 27 years. Here we go, I hope these word send some comfort.

"I SEE YOU, I LOVE YOU"
John 12:1

I see you sitting there with tears of sadness in your eyes.
I share your broken heart, I hear your many cries.
I know the haunting pain that pierces you through
When I walked on this earth, I felt it too
Yes, this life is hard, but hear what I have to say
You do not have to hang your head at the end of the day.

It grieves my Spirit when you keep your hurt to yourself.
It tears me right in two when you put my love on a shelf.
Please take my hand, you know that I love you very much.
I long to hold you in my arms and to feel your gentle touch.

I knew you, my child, before you were even born,
For you my Spirit was broken, for you my flesh was torn.
I love you just the same, no matter if you win or fail
Seeing your wonderful face helped me to bear the pounding nail

I didn't give up then when they did those bad things to me
And I won't give up now, I'm going to set you free.
So take hold of my hand, and believe me for the best,
I will always pull you through and give you your rest.

I ask you to hold on, hold on to the very end.
Know that you make me smile, and know that I'm your friend.


(FYI - the Bible reference Rod used is as follows:
"Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was who had been dead, whom He had raised from the dead.")

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

tvm x back soon

Danielle said...

Diana, this is my first time to you blog. This post touches my heart. I have a son...a teenager...I cannot imagine.

A woman close to me is suffering. A murder-suicide took place in her family last week. The father took the mothers life and then his own. Now 3 children are orphaned.

Times such as these, we remember the Lord.