Saturday, February 17, 2007

Blue Plate Special

As I go through getting my place in shape, I find art work I don't remember doing until I see it. This is one of two - called the Blue Plate Specials.

I must start painting today for at least an hour a day even if it means sitting down in a blooming mess. Some evil thing in me wants me to wait to paint until everything is "perfect" around me.

Mardi Gras parade at 2:00 and I think of the delicious possibility of photos - but worry about walking & standing. A scan of the movies and I see current (woo, woo what a treat) movies - like a Bridge to Tarabithia - the Labrynth - yay - civiliation! So much to do, so little time!

Have to get to it!

9 comments:

Biddie said...

You must make time to paint! If I had your talent, I would paint everything, and colour my world the way that I feel it should look.
I hope that you make it to the parade.

Gardenia said...

sorry about this changing blog folks - looking for just the "right" color combos - the green was a little nauseous the more i looked at it...it'll find it

Gardenia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wandering Coyote said...

Bridge to Tarabithia looks really good. Let me know what you thought of it.

Pickled Olives said...

I love your blend of colors. Nice art work!

Anonymous said...

did u delete me cooment?

Lee said...

Very nice piece Gardenia! Is it an oil?

Candy Minx said...

I love that painting, it's excellent and with a wry sense of humour about it.

Forget it about perfect...things will never be perfect. The concept perfect is a device our egos grasp onto to use an excuse for not allowing us to have freedom despite chaos...


Make an area in a room, just a few feet...you can leave your pallette or paints in a box on the floor and a n easel or nail somethign to the wall...who cares about the wall...then paint!!! Paint!!!!

And unpack late at night when you're watchign tv or something, unpacking is the easy stuff...do it when you're tired same as housework.

But paint something, even if you paint chaos, who cares? It's love and fun baby!!!

I am so happy I kept your blog listed in my links..I almost threw it out last month because I thought you quit it whew!!!

Lots of love sending your way from me...

Candy

Gardenia said...

yes, oil....