Friday, February 02, 2007

Egads - not gone yet

well, surprise, surprise, I made it through the dialup - took two attempts - just a short note - I've been delayed because of weather - lots of snow, wind, ice, sub-zero temps - parts of Wyoming are 50 below. US Weather says the first of the week will be breaking for I-25, so I shall either do it tomorrow or Sunday! My mother has me freaked, convinced I will be blown off the road and freeze to death in some barrow pit. No wonder I have a morose personality...I mailed more stuff - not much is fitting in the car - going to have to leave stuff I would rather not leave - like my ceramics, some clothing - (some of which the dogs have already chewed up ) - my feather comforter (sob) - boy what a mess in Florida last night - I'm really getting the lectures today about how awful it is to live in Florida - but I have to remind her that we've had many, many highway deaths already this winter here in Wyo. "But they didn't lose their houses." "No, mother, but I guess they don't need them now, huh?" Gotta go - make arrangments to pick up Ms. Meowi - pack her stuff - clean up this bedroom - say a prayer I get out of here safely - once I hit New Mexico I ought to be ok. Miss ya all - first thing I'll do is get my 'puter up and going!!!!!!

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Adios, adios and God speed. My love and prayers are with you. Don't look back. It is the past, plant your feet and convictions firmly and move move move as long as it is forward. Keep in touch dear Sisty.
Sisly

Wandering Coyote said...

I saw the news about Florida just now. I heard it was central Florida so I wondered if it affected you or not. Cold enough for you, though in Wyo? Jeez...what a winter. Good luck. Thinking about you...

tshsmom said...

Miss you too!!
I thought of you first thing when I saw the weather in Florida. Thank God it missed you!!
I'll try to keep the cold up here for the next few days. It's supposed to be -25F through Tuesday.

ldbug said...

Drive safely!!!!

Pickled Olives said...

miss you too! Wait til you get sunshing on you and no winter stuff on. you'll be happier. Safe driving!!!!

Karen said...

Make sure you drive safely! Can't wait for you to get settled again.

Biddie said...

I hope that you have a safe trip. I saw some of the devestation (of Florida) on the news. So sad. Glad it missed you and yours.
Good luck, we'll be thinking of you!

Heidi Grether said...

Oi. All that negative talk would get me really testy. Who needs it? Can't wait for you to be here again! Hate you have to leave your listed things behind. Expecially the feather thing. Drive careful and enjoy the QUIET!!!!

Anonymous said...

safe trip 2 u