Friday, February 09, 2007

Settling In



Yippeee ki yo - I made it in! Not much time, had to run to Mobile this a.m. for granddaughter's band competition. They placed lst and - they are going to STATE! I was completely blown away - a private school band that sounds like the orchestra pit during a "CATS" show!

Now, slowly unloading car, putting things away.

Seems like during the time I was gone, the "hole" I left, if any, filled up quickly and most traces of me eradicated - now to dig my way back in - I started with the study, but still have not hooked my computer up yet. Daughter got the router connected with hers so hopefully can share high speed internet.

Miss Meowi seems quite happy. Psycho is even hissing at me, he likes being top dog - oops, cat. Big Meowi took off this a.m. Blast his hide - he scares me when he does that! He usually returns at 3:00 a.m. under the cover of darkness to shred the bedroom screens announcing that the pleasure of his highness' presence is now available.

I have pics of trip and some wandering stories, will post when I get a little more acclimated to actually "living" here. Now, off to visit each of you tonight - I hope. Gotta check the chicken & the brussels sprouts first.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to hear that you made it and are settling in. Is that one of your original works of art (couldn't tell if it was a drawing or painting...sorry)? That's beautiful! If I saw that in a store/gallery, I'd certainly buy it!

Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, so good to hear that you made it in one piece, even though you're sore and tired. Take your time settling in; it's a big transition so be easy on yourself!

DILLIGAF said...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!
brussel sprouts!!!!!!!!!
Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!

Glad you n the moggies are safe n well x

Pickled Olives said...

Glad you made it safe and sound! Hope the settling in process is quick and painless.

Lee said...

Good luck on the settling in! Sounds like life is busy and new!

mister anchovy said...

nice to see you back online.

Biddie said...

Home at last? How does it feel? So glad that you made it safe and sound!

tshsmom said...

I'm glad that your body finally made it to where your heart is!

I can't wait for the story and pics from your trip!

Gardenia said...

no, purloined pic, not painting...

I'm taking my time - have to apply for jobs, and afraid I'll get one :)

Little fellow loves brussels sprouts and broccoli - go figure....

Got an ex-son-in law to unload car today - alright!!!!! Now to find places for stuff.

thanks for good wishes - - - -

I'm wishing I could get networked so I could get on line with my very own computer........

Red said...

Yay! Glad to have you back online, Miss Gardenia. Take it easy, recharge your batteries and... exhale! Look forward to seeing your piccies!

Camie Vog said...

So glad to read that you have made it safely! Enjoy the warmth and the closeness of your family. I'm looking forward to the pictures of the adventure.

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!