Monday, June 23, 2008

Sparrows

Thanks for the "good thoughts" and prayers coming my way. I was in and out of the hospital in one and one-half hours. My daughter went with me and I was able to stand afterward, not sick (until I started drinking the Starbucks on the way home). I slept all afternoon and am going to fix "H's" resume before laying back down. We'll know in a few days how effective it was for the remaining pain. Now I know why I am ravenous after a procedure - I asked what "juice" was being injected - the answer was "steroids." OK, that's why. And Verced during the procedure - well, the feel good, definitely is not worth that feel bad afterward - drugs are NOT my thing.

Sparrows - I love birds, I love to watch them - not particularly to identify them, but to say, "Oh, look at what they are doing now." I also find God not only a bird maker, but they fit into the plan for us as well.

"H" got notice last week (at first I decided not to mention it) that he will be terminated after 17 years from his grocery store in September as they sold out. My first thoughts were, "How can I live without health insurance?" and a salary is nice too since I'm not working.

So, with all this project of changing my thoughts, I decided, "Ok, do I use what I know, or not?" Sensing his panic, I told him that better things are in store for him, and we will make it through the changes and he will be better off than before.

Now, I am looking at my handout from a class I went to: "Every thought we think is creating our future." "Every word we speak is affirmation - either to the good or the bad." I say it, I believe it. Now, it may not work according to MY expectations, but it WILL work out to the better..

The Bible which is becoming more and more my standard for life (and no, I'm not so goody-goody - I have a few things I have in my mind that shouldn't be there, and some rebellious, baby centered (I want what I want) part of me clings to them, although I know I shouldn't). So I run to my Father (I never could run to the one I had here on Earth) and I find Matthew 6:26 - "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"

More: "Therefore DO NOT WORRY,.......For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.....but seek ye first the kingdom of God.....and all these things shall be added unto you....Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things." See? There is even something out there that will do our worrying for us!

What more could I ask?

5 comments:

tshsmom said...

I've been running that Bible passage through my mind a LOT this year!
When there's nothing I can do about a problem, I've learned to say: "thy will be done".

Heidi Grether said...

Here's the thing. We are either of this world or not. I have tried to walk the tightrope between. And I always end up on my arse.

We must walk by faith. We must believe in Him, our great Redeemer. Go see PRINCE CASPIAN. He is calling us all to AWAKE and KNOW Him and live IN HIM.

Father has a plan for "H". It will all work out. And your back, too.

Lots of love,

HG

Biddie said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. When I was going through my second divorce and depressed, my aunt told me that God had a plan.
My response to that was that I did NOT care for His plan...Little did I know that 18 months later I would meet Shawn. The rest, as they say, is history :)

tweetey30 said...

Gardenia those words gave me the chills while reading them just now.. There has to be some truth in them. Thanks for the inspirational speach on my blog. You are right though. Something has to come my way and soon though..Tshsmom is helping make a plan for the bills and you guys are here helping me keep my sanity.

The Preacherman said...

You'll be fine babe. It's not always the good die young yer know ;-)

...mind you if it was I'd be immortal