Friday, January 12, 2007

Moving & Climate Changes - Inconvenient Truth

Hi folks, thanks for coming to my party. I loved the "gifts" and had a happy evening giggling over some of them. The dancing man was getting thinner toward the end - I think. I forwarded the fart website to my grandchildren - soooooooo much information on that site, I learned a lot. :0

We are in the midst of a snowstorm that is really quite beautiful except for the fact I am trying to sell my furniture and also plan to take boxes to UPS to ship. Yike. Its supposed to keep up until next Weds., Thurs. I guess my rent is paid to end of month, its just when you have people willing to help load trucks, you want to take them when they can come!

A second hand shop owner and antique dealer came by and I was finally able to place my dining room table & little coffee table at about 1930's. I thought so. So, how can I part with them? Can't. Well, maybe.

A friend of mine had the honor of being 1 of 1,000 chosen to be trained on Al Gore's presentation of the Global Warming problem. Now I have become fearful in that regard because I believe he said that we have a 30 year window to do something or our world will be in serious trouble. I believe this. I want to see "Inconvenient Truth." Anyway, if you believe this too, please click on the link below and send it on to your Congress reps. I would rather take action that sit around being scared. Anyone seen the movie? My friend said Al Gore is as brilliant a man as I thought he might be.
Subject: Help Al Gore Send a Message to Congress
Hi,
Al Gore is ready to build on the success of "An Inconvenient Truth" and start organizing to solve the climate crisis. He's working to get hundreds of thousands of messages to Congress demanding real action to stop global warming. And he's asking for our help.
Can you help out by signing the petition at the link below? If you do, Al Gore will personally deliver our comments to Congress. I just did it myself and it only takes a second.
http://pol.moveon.org/climatecrisis/
Thanks!

2 comments:

tshsmom said...

Ooooh, ooooh, DOLPHINS!! I told you I'd be the first to spot them! ;)

I'd be tempted to keep the antique furniture too. I guess it's all a matter of how much it would cost to get them home.

BTW, you need to email SME; she can't get in.

Pickled Olives said...

How Globally responsible you are!!!! Last weekend my kids and I watched an Inconvenient Truth. And they did great. There was some dry parts, but all in all the movie is a worthwhile watch!