Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Catchen' ya all up

Not too many visitors since I passworded - but I will fix that when I get to Florida, I know it is a pain to get through the codes. I'm on my mother's dial up and not able to get everyone's blog up to comment - in fact this is barely taking my keyboarding right now. Repacking, getting medical records together, packing some more and taking off Feb. 1 if weather reports continue good. I was at the public library yesterday trying to get on blogs, apply for jobs, checking bank, etc., and there were so many people there it was as impossible as this dialup. The guy in front of me turned around and threatened to kill me if I continued to cough. The young woman next to him chewed him out good, what a woman she was, and he desisted. I looked about me and it was reminiscent of the movie, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" but no Ms. Ratchett to keep order. Later I found out that the Mission house a few blocks away sent their clients out in the day time to job search. Methamphetamine which is so rampant here makes people mean, unable to keep themselves clean even physically after a certain point, and robs thinking abilities. Then I start thinking its my fault, I must be a magnet not only for cops, but for the demon possessed? Then I feel sorry for folks who are just down on their luck and are subject to people like this guy who probably should be in the State hospital rather than being where he can really hurt someone. Speaking of the demon possessed, not a peep out of the old workplace. Odd, if I was worthy of being fired that they would approve unemployment. Ok, enough, this is taking eons to type. Will try to visit blogs tonight.

15 comments:

Pickled Olives said...

glad to see you are still with us! Even if it's on the scene of "one flew.." Great visual. I could see it plain as day! lol!

Karen said...

We miss you.

Candy Minx said...

Oh Hi Gardenia...I can't believe I just found your blog again..I've been a bit lost since all the changes and passwords but yippeee all seems to be going okay right now.

I have been worried about you and now it sounds like you have a cold, poor thing, and so do I . Had a wicked head cold last few days but what can you do.

I am excited you are getting ready to go to Florida and your adventures just with that will be great to hear about.

don't worry about getting to blogs too much, we all know you'll find us once you get settled and back to "naormal' Whateve rthat is.

I wish you all the best driving and take some photos and try to enjoy the process...I hope you ge tsouth as soon as possible to soem good road conditions etc and have nice cups of coffee in the car etc . Is anybody going with you? I wish I could head your way and go for a real,Thelma and Lousie um, okay without the violence ya know?

I did post a long art centered post today, whcih you might enjoy...um maybe I should email my phone number have you got a cell phone you're taking with you?


We could chat for a few minutes in your drive!!!


Please keep me posted how things are going and whats happening...and godspeed to getting a new apartment set up and comfortable and a new job...I see all good things coming out of this weird experience of yours...

Take care
Love,
Candy

Red said...

Nice people in your public library!

ldbug said...

Ugh dial-up!! I'm so sorry!

What a jerk that guy was to yell at you for coughing. Glad he got his.

Hope things start coming together soon:-)

mister anchovy said...

Blogger forced me to switch over this morning. I think I can post here as mister anchovy again.....going to try...right.....now!

Gardenia said...

p.o. - well, I haven't been back to the library!!!

karen - miss you too - I'm going to try to get on some of your blogs tonight - dialup is definitely not for bloggers

candy minx - do email - coming out here I drove straight through except for 2 two hour naps - think I'll get a motel this time cuz of back a couple of nights - yeh, I have my camera by my side!

red/snowbug - miss you!

Mr. Anchovy, yay! you crossed over! hope you are pleased - I think I am except for being stuck here with this blasted dialup.

tshsmom said...

PLEASE drive carefully. Watch out for all the idiot drivers!
This drive should go better for you as you're heading home to your loved ones.

I think the job from hell decided it was cheaper to not protest your unemployment, rather than go through a lawsuit, which you would probably win.

Anonymous said...

taqcara u n stop n sleep wen ur tired so ur back dun gat worse on u!! that is orders!!!

Biddie said...

I hope your journey is safe and BORING. Who needs the excitement?
I can imagine what it was like at the library. It can get like that here, at our library, too. I have been to Cuckoo's nest...It proabably IS worse than the library, but not by much!

Lee said...

Mean people suck. Sorry bout that!

* (asterisk) said...

omigod, finally I'm able to get in now that I've switched to New Blogger! And it seems I'm not the only one to suddenly come back to the fold!

Hi there, Gardenia. Hope all is well.

DILLIGAF said...

missin yer babe. be good x

Anonymous said...

catchup summore its feb ;o)

Wandering Coyote said...

Hey, it's Feb. 1. Hope all went well and that you had good weather. Blogger's being a pain...I'm sure you'll discover soon enough... Oh, but you already switched! I remember now (how could I forget??). Anyhow, thinking of you.

Take care,

WC.