Thursday, January 18, 2007

Short Break

Well, tomorrow is the last day to pack before loading up. I'll probably not be logging on for a few days. One of the UPS boys picked up boxes this morning, bless his heart, and I just went over and paid for them, squeaking all the while. Whew, expensive. Sold all furniture except a couple of small items & a couple of antiques. Shipped ahead the paints, art supplies, can't live without those or computers. Also some clothing. While packing, found a pair of birkies in a suitcase that I thought were somehow lost forever, hooray!

Feets are FREEZING - it is hovering around zero temperature wise all of the time. If I weren't leaving I would go invest in heavy rubber boots with lots of warm foam lining and some work gloves. Brrrr. Youngest daughter tells me she found me three sweaters at a really hot sale - yay!!!!!!!!!!

License plate fees are due - so I got the bright idea of calling my southern state and seeing if I could renew long distance so I wouldn't have to pay fees here and there as well, and I could! But I had to switch to that state's auto insurance and after two hours on my cell phone (and about $80 buckeroos a month over what I pay now for auto insurance) that was accomplished. Now to figure out the forms I downloaded. Also forms, forms, forms for unemployment applications, roll over of retirement contributions to IRA so I won't get whapped with taxes all at once (though I'll probably need to use the funds to exist for a while), need to return all DSL modems, TV box, cables, etc., etc. tomorrow. (Will try to figure out how to get the router to work when I get there.) Finally, will take files for church website up to church, load on their computer and drop off ministry manuals.

Landlord is in glee because he thinks he can collect double rent until the end of the month, so I am telling him I'll mail him the key, that I will probably be in and out until the end of the month, though the truth is I never want to come back here ever. I pray we can get everything in one load!

While in my mother's town waiting for a break in the weather on I-10, I can go around and gather up my medical records for transport back to the South. Her house is deliciously warm, so I'll snuggle a bit in between packing the auto for the long trip. Keeping my pounds off that I have lost will be a challenge at her house.

Does anyone know if leaving my computers in the car while it is zero degrees will damage them? I think you are not supposed to leave media where it is extremely hot or cold.

I need about 4 more tranquillizers for Ms. Meowi. Riding is not high up on her list of want to's. (Least I won't be lonely - she will be moaning the whole trip.) I will get bed pads for the bottom of her cage, baking pans for litter when we stop to sleep at a motel. Dear, dear, hope she fits in with the boys ok. Psycho has become a top bunk bed dweller with the little boy. Big Meowie will claim his place at the foot of my bed (hubby will be very unhappy - in fact he and Ms. Meowie will probably be battling for a pillow next to my head.)

Next item for manual on how to live with disability: emptying cat litter box for multiple cats - I have an idea....put the box in a little red wagon and hope kitties don't mind a bit higher jump, and when the box be fulla poopoo, take the handle and pull wagon to garbage can. Perhaps there is some sort of gadget that you can put the box on and stomp a lever with your foot until the litter box becomes level with the top of the garbage and then whoooooooooooop - over the edge!

6 comments:

Pickled Olives said...

Oh my, almost there, can you see the light at the end of the tunnel? And I love the fact that you won't let the landlord get away with double rent!!! LOL! I'm here with you - please drive safely and do keep warm.

As for your computer, I have no good advice other than to call the maker and ask them what they recommend...

Biddie said...

Wow. No wonder you feel so overwhelmed. Good luck with the move, and enjoy the quiet time at your mom's warm and cozy house. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

buy thos disposable cake pans at tha market 2 use 4 litter pans wen ur travilin then u just thorw
it out wen u go back in
the car...im goin 2 ca in 2 days yay shorts!!!
it snow here laast week 2 it was great

tshsmom said...

I'll miss you during the move, but I'm so happy you're going home!!
Good one on the landlord!

DILLIGAF said...

just catchin up babe. the move went ok. good stuff