Sunday, April 08, 2007

HOPE


Happy Easter for those of you that celebrate - or Happy Passover - or just Happy Sunday! Hope you are warm and cozy and in the company of those you hold dear.

I'm feeling good enough I have some hope of functioning normally - for me that is, 50 mph! We'll start at 10 mph though.

It has been a sweet Easter - time with older daughter at condo yesterday - pics coming later - oh, its cold, everyone wanted sun and swimming so bad, and its too cold. They tried but shivered through it - I reminded them we have long, long summers so its not the end of the world. The view of the Gulf and soothing sound of the sea is balm enough. Youngest daughter planted plastic eggs here at the house and we had mini-egg hunt, and then a story of the resurrection, with even the cats curled up contentedly at our feet.

I missed the church service, hubby went while I got myself together and made pancakes. I missed this season of Lent services that I learned to enjoy in the United Methodist Church, the focus made the meaning of the season come home to me. Today I feel content, the rituals that comfort our hearts, that guide us, and assist us in the flow of life, that remind us of what we believe and even often encourage us to seek further for a higher purpose and to honor what is important to us are important to me. Yet, I am not rigidly held to them. I remember years of children, of remembering the Easter baskets, the Easter clothes, and panic to get to church, and get the right meals ready. Today, we'll wear our jeans, be together as a family, and not feast so much for the stomach but for our hearts.

Bless you all - - sending fondest thoughts your way for all the encouragement, ideas, advice, challenge to widen my world, kitty cat and art kindship, and much more - - - - -

3 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Ah, happy Easter, Gardenia!

Candy Minx said...

Happy Ester and what a lovely post...our ceremonies and feelings about them always seem to change and grow? I love this weekend celebration, spring...rebirth.

I also findht at I usually start to feel more energy around now...I hope the sun comes out this week and you get some warmth and energy from it Gardenia.

I was so worried about you and was so releived to see you pop over and say hi at my blog.

Keep faith. There are all manifestations of spring and rebirth...even if we can't see them like we used to...or if they might be sneaking up on us in a new way.

Thinking of you,
Candy

Pickled Olives said...

I hope your Sunday was a good one!