Thursday, November 29, 2007

Fat Dragon


We did it. We have accomplished most of our shopping. No, we didn't buy a lot, but carefully. During a search for specialized bath soaps we ran across a store named DUH. It looked like a small building on the street. When we went in we were stunned by the visual impact - the first room was done in zebra and African cattle rugs, white furniture and a lot of green and vibrant yellow decorations and fabulous chandeliers.

It turned out the store was in several buildings, including a courtyard and a yard. It was amazing! It was much like an art gallery combination store. We fell in love with a weather vane as pictured above. It was way out of our price range, but sometimes surprises have happened. I would like to have this fat guy on top of my house - what whimsy, what fun!

We had a great lunch, it was good to find a fully functioning, just the way it was, place as we remembered it before the fire.

We found the boy an office chair and in lieu of a fat dragon, I showed "H" the birdbath I'm dreaming of. But it really doesn't make any difference if I get zilch for Christmas - just preparing for it is fun enough.

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

That weather vane is cute. Hope you get the bird bath. Our neighbor has one that the kids love playing in and I feel sorry for her. She is older and cant keep up with the kids anymore.

Anonymous said...

dragons i think r 4 luck

Milla said...

I love this dragon! Not that I would know where to put it, mind you. But it's extremely cute.