Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Aren't I Just the Most Boring!


Ok. Even the cats think I'm boring anymore. No more political intrigues. No new art recently, no vacations, no dancing with drunk drillers from the oil fields, no landlord stealing panties anymore, no car sliding across the icy highway in a blinding snowstorm to rest in the barrow bit, no surgery, all my blood cells are now there and intact and carrying oxygen to my brain which is now catching up but still not thinking too deeply. No cute little (a foot shorter than me) guy with huge brown eyes stopping by my office to chat of politics and the human race being started by aliens from outer space. No employees telling me where to stick it, no coworkers sabotaging me. No pressure to get 50 years of land records on line by March.

Do I miss working? No. Yes. Maybe. I love sleeping in when I want to. I love not having to juggle twenty things at one time. I love solving problems on how to put a painting together rather than what to do with two custodial staff trying to get each other fired or driving to meetings out of town in white out icy windy snowy conditions. I miss the paycheck. I miss the challenges. I miss the routine. I love the idea that if I can travel, I can pick up and go and not worry about when I have to return. I love the fact that I can volunteer and pursue hobbies like reading, art and photography which I don't do often enough.

Actually, I don't care if I'm boring if I'm not boring myself and I am getting dangerously close!

Perhaps tomorrow I will amble out to the college and see if there are any openings in the silver jewelry class and get back into the art building and the excitement, I don't know.

14 comments:

**Ya Think** said...

Well, sometimes it is good to do some downtime, and downtime may seem boring with all you had going on. I think it is great you are going over to the college. I would love to be able to do that.

Red said...

We Capricorns always feel a little low before our birthdays, don't we?

There are advantages and disadvantages to working and to having loads of time on your hands. I think for someone like you, who has led a very active life, full of intrigue (!), happiness is all about keeping busy and challenged and mentally active. A class sounds like an excellent way to do that. In addition, you'll be making new friends and it will take you out of the house. Result!

And I'm sure your cats still think you're the bee's knees.

If I don't get another chance, I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow! I'm glad to know you, you're a rockin' cool chick!

tweetey30 said...

You boring.Never.. I like reading here and you always have something to say. Unless you arent talking about a blog boring.. I dont think you are that boring in person either. Take your down time and enjoy though..

d34FpUpPy said...

naw

tshsmom said...

I'm jealous of your lifestyle.

I'm boring too. All I do is go to work, come home and work, and homeschool.
Blogging is the most exciting thing in my life right now. But you know what? I'm content, and that means a LOT. ;)

FOUR DINNERS said...

sleeping in when you want to is never boring!!!!

me? jealous? Never!

Candy Minx said...

Life is a pendulum...it swings...

Sometimes when it seems that we are boring or need extra rest it is actually part of a triple set of patterns.

Beginnings, endings and germination.

You've had an ending...and although endings are scary beginnings can't happen till the endings.

But germination is also the quiet time when change is building and healing. It is regeneration...you need this time so you will have the energy you will need in the future for your inspiration.

You have forgotten that you have inspiration...but once it surfaces you will laugh and be glad for this regeneration time before rebirth of energy...

Wandering Coyote said...

That kitty looks so much like Boswell!

I can relate to this, having not worked since April '06 and just about to venture back on a very part time basis. I miss being productive, having some structure, having some people contact, and the extra money. But I don't miss the stress, the dealing with nasty people and workplace dynamics, the rigid hours. I'm hoping to have a nice balance one of these days. I think that's all any of us can really hope for and strive towards.

Heidi Grether said...

I dropped my class. Too much family with too many needs and I feel called to be there for them. Makes me happy and peaceful inside. Been cooking alot/eating alot, now clothes are too tight. Oi!!

Gardenia said...

hatti - understand about the class, I've been in the family mode tightly forever except two years in Wyoming. I wonder if I'm crazy taking class - hands shake, back & leg hurting like crazy - hard stools - but then I reached the age I can go tuition free if the classes aren't full so I dived in yesterday. ONE class only. Did get an audit for a general AA degree to go on to West Florida - nah, not gonna.

**Ya Think** said...

Happy Birthday Gardenia!!

Gardenia said...

LOL - the stools at the art center are hard - no padding! Correction of previous print necessary!

tshsmom said...

Heehee. I thought maybe your iron supplements were constipating. ;)

Milla said...

Aren't I Just the Most Boring!

No You Are NOT!