Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Where have all the Endorphins Gone?



I have lost two posts - the "save now" button seems to be non-functioning. I much preferred the old "save as draft." At least that one saved.

Have been mired in technology traumas which are shredding my nerves. My new camera has a problem with adjusting for lighting - or I do. Needs lots more practice. I spent two hours downloading drivers for my scanner that quit working, checking connections, etc., and it still won't work. I have been trying to saw a copper circle for hours on end and am 99% convinced jewelry making is not my forte. It makes me mad though, because there isn't one artsy, craftsy, creative thing I have tackled that I have not been able to conquer and be good at it. Not the best, but pretty darn good. The metal and the saws laugh at me. The heat from the torches and lights in the studio make me feel ill. The class is overcrowded so it takes five times as long to achieve something than it should.

The elliptical hasn't arrived. I called the store and threatened to bring the receipt back for refunding. Just received a call though that the delivery guy is on his way. I'm thinking I probably made a mistake. The evil side of me is saying, just go to bed, eat and watch TV. The channel lately holding my fascination is Discovery Channel and the battles of the extremely obese. I'm thinking, "oh my gosh, that could be me!" Then I think, no it couldn't - these people obviously have someone in their lives that would be extremely codependent because they weigh so much they can't even get out of bed or roll over. Now, that would exclude cooking and grocery shopping - so what is going on THERE? Love gone wrong? Actually feeding someone to the point of death is not love exactly. I'm afraid to have back surgery because I won't be able to take care of myself. No codependents here. Well, maybe there are - just not the overfeeding type. And "J" cleans up enough poop at the hospital, I would not have any luck there. No one here to feed me until I reach 800 pounds. Hey, how's that for an impressive bout of morbid compulsive thoughts?

In regard to the folks on the Discovery Channel, I have to admit to some admiration - I realize eating can be an addiction as well as anything else. I struggle. At some point, they made a decision to regain their lives, and against all odds began the climb back to active, whole lives.

Next, aren't the above pics wonderful? I love the water - I love it so much. It soothes my tortured soul - mountains scatter it. The crawfish - not so wonderful - but thought y'd get a kick out of seeing them. Maybe.

I made rice crispy treats with a thick chocolate crunchy top. The boy likes a treat when he gets home from school. He would live off of sugar if left to his own devices. He has to be rationed. I wanted one. Didn't.

Yas, I'm in a weird mood. Give me an hour on the elliptical and i'll report back in! Hopefully I still have endorphins waiting to be released somewhere!

17 comments:

tweetey30 said...

I dont eat fish but they did look interesting and I love the water too. Maybe because I am an aquairius. LOL...

d34FpUpPy said...

water is clmmin that is why all tha piccys in hospital has it r a hint that there is water...liek a bridge even in tha bin that has it

tshsmom said...

Do crawfish taste like lobster? I've always been curious about them. I love seafood, so I'd like to try them sometime.

Start out slow on the elliptical, build up to an hour, or you'll be sorry. Try starting with 10 minutes.

Gardenia said...

tshsmom- got it - slow! Its really slow because when he got it together, one of the "wire" broke - have to wait until Friday now -

crawfish aren't sweet like lobster - I'm not crazy about them except in etouffe - or gumbo

now I know why the water scenes are in the hospitals - - -

tshsmom said...

Good grief! I didn't mean for you to start out THAT slow! ;)

Vicki said...

Alrright!
What do crawfish taste like? Chicken. Nonono, they taste like uh kinda like shrimp. And they are often prepared in a spicy boil..think hot wings spices on shrimps, but crawfish aren't as salty as they are fresh water shrimp. Make sense?
I gagged at the thought of catfish until I tried real southern catfish..oh my am I missing southern food.

Glad the "Lippy" finally came. Sorry that it is broken already. Still think it looks like my Clothes Hanger 3 model.
I am praying that you break the odds and actually use it. My treadmill sneered at me, mocked me and laughed at me until I sold it at a garage sale. I still prefer to walk outside. But don't as much any more. I have a list of excuses if you ever need to borrow them.

Candy Minx said...

Yes rich colours in the pics just lovely!

Hang in there you do sound like you've so much to work kinks out with tech. I probably would be giving up...you are good at persevering.

**Ya Think** said...

Hmmmm is that cut or drill on the round hole at the top?

On the eating thingie. I have this new theory out of no economical choice. It is eat to live instead of live to eat.

That water pic sure is wonderful. I am with you.. Water is healing.

Gardenia said...

ya, ya think, isn't it amazing that high calorie low nutrition foods are so cheap, and good food so expensive? Can go to CiCi's and eat pizza till you fall over for $3.00 - but a salad will cost at least 7 bucks.

Gardenia said...

ya, ya think, isn't it amazing that high calorie low nutrition foods are so cheap, and good food so expensive? Can go to CiCi's and eat pizza till you fall over for $3.00 - but a salad will cost at least 7 bucks.

Red said...

You say you have a problem with the lighting on the camera, but those pictures look pretty good to me!

I love exercising to get out of a funk. Why, just the other night, I was so frustrated, I just had to go and spens 45 minutes on my exercise bike, pedalling like crazy. I came off the bike, I was as sweet as a kitten again!

Vicki said...

I am having trouble with the lighting on my camera too. Same camera right?
All my pics are too dark.

d34FpUpPy said...

cradaddies r 2 much work 4 nottanuff food

mister anchovy said...

Give me some crawfish etouffee and I'm a happy man....

Milla said...

'The sickness of long thinking' can be partially cured by eating fresh crawfish with mayonnaise and rocket salad. Trust me on this.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Endol...dorf...oh bloody 'ell...

Elipty thingy's...

fish? lobster?

soz drunk again.

I know about crabs. Haven't ever caught 'em mind.... ;-)

**Ya Think** said...

Yes Gardenia,

The haves look at the have-nots and tell you it is a simple matter of eating right. I really get miffed at their ignorance sometimes.

When I get done with what I have to do next week I will blog on it. For safety reasons I cannot blog yet on what I am doing next week. But I will do a seperate one on the food situation in my life.