Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Desire (Clothes!)







Since we aren’t feeling too well, I’m doing lazy stuff. One of those “lazy stuffs” is looking up fashion trends for winter with the delicious prospect of being able to wear some of them. I picked (above) what I would buy right off the runway. (In real life, I mostly wear jeans.) I can't remember the marketing enough to remember when the new styles make it to the store - maybe six months to a year for fall fashion to hit the general market from the runway. I’m kind of sad; I really do like the tunics and the baby doll tops, and the sleek empire waist dresses with the refined 60’s-70’s prints, but they are going bye bye.

I love to watch the runway shows as the whole show is another form of art, the theme, the way the show is put together, the design of the clothing, the makeup and hair, the music! Someday maybe I’ll get to see the real deal!

Here’s my thoughts on what I’m seeing:

It appears that bare legs are out, at least for winter – that will be a relief for girls everywhere who have been freezing their legs off to be in style, although it was a marvelous freedom to be free of “having to” wear something on the legs, especially when dressed up or wearing dresses to work. What kind of fiend invented those sheer stockings anyway, always too short for tall girls and expensive for working single moms? Tights are back in--black, red, and one designer used fishnet stockings with everything elegant – it worked!

Gray seems to be a great color for next winter. Dolce and Gabanna seem to be working with some rich fabrics and playing around with menswear for women.

Pucci had puffed up everything – I like the bright colors, but too much cloth I thought and everything centered in the middle of the female figure. There were some sleek pants and I loved the little ankle boots. Pants seem to be sitting above the ankle which is leg-shortening for shorter gals, not much if boots and socks are same color of pants, but present opportunity for some fun mixtures for taller gals.

Dsquared2 showed a lot of black, black and white, some red thrown in, and the fashions are geared toward a “librarian with a serious wild streak.” How fun is that!

Dell’Acqua came up with beautiful jewel tone shiny fabrics, form fitting dresses and wonderful flowing pants.

That's my daydreaming/inspiration. Have fun!

7 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Those outfits are wonderful but I have roll in the front of me keeping me from wearing anything that snazzy. Hope you are better soon.

Gardenia said...

I wouldn't dare wear anything that short - :)

Candy Minx said...

Love these pics...

Last week on Oprah she had a fun show with the ten things everyone would be able to use in their closet. Black yoga pants (15$ from Old Navy) a trench coat, a crisp white shirt, a black tunic...it might still be on her web page.

These are the classic basics suggested in so many magazines and they work for all builds of women. I may go and get the "crisp white shirt" from Brooks Brothers...it's 89 bucks. I usually buy second hand mens white shirts but they never fit...I liked the one she featured because it was very kind to "bulges" and yet was fitted.

Candy Minx said...

(actually you remember meeting Deana in N.O. I had my black yoga pants on she gave me from Old Navy! The first pair of "new" clothes I've had in years...I get almost everything second hand...

Red said...

That little red dress is so very delicious. But, like you, I mostly wear jeans, so I have no need for anything that dressy. Eh, we're talking fashion, so maybe "need" shouldn't even come into it?

Gardenia said...

Candy, I'm looking for those yoga pants too - in tall length. Can wear them everywhere - I have a crisp white blouse that has been hanging in closet - but classic - think it fits now - I'll be out by Old Navy this a.m. I was going to take some of my big clothes to second hand - they were closing - they had some cool stuff too - hate to see that - was thinking I could trade out some. Luckily, I have a few things of my daughter's hand-me-downs when she lost her extra weight...I love Oprah's green trenchcoat on her new mag - but don't need one down here very much - jean jacket suffices

Gardenia said...

Isn't that red dress yummy? I have no where to were it - oh there is a concert coming - classical pianist -