Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where's that Choo Choo Train..........


Leaving the blonds for a gorgeous dark haired female - can you actually believe someone called her fat? Yep.

Anyway, tonight ah feel lahk I've been run over by a train. Two days of getting ready to have carpets cleaned - then cleaning - then a beginning of putting stuff away - more opportunity to clean - things are looking and smelling much brighter - its so late now and I'm very tired - about to go to sleep. Just thought I'd pop on, get rid of the blond obssession and explain why I don't have any post tonight other than an update.

While moving stuff around, I found photos of the "old" me - my grandson can take some very unflattering ones at times - and I posted one on the pantry door containing the Halloween candy - and across the fattest bits & parts I've written, "Snickers," "M & M's," and "chips." On the photo I placed on the refrigerator door, it says "butter," "pnut butter," "health," "love my grandson," the foods being my favorite "Let's fall off the diet foods." I'm trying to find ways to deter myself from "cheating."

Then I found a sweater that stunned me - it was twice as big as the shirt I had on - my gosh, no wonder "H" wanted to get rid of me.....just kidding...he was at the point he looked like a barrel with a cork on top. We are laughing about it now - he has a skinny butt now too. There are a lot of people our age grabbing a second go around of their 50's - sleeker and wiser!

From going through old photos, I realized I had not much of a weight problem until I got sick a year or so after moving down here - then it just climbed up - probably my son passing away and marriage problems did not help at all, as well as steroids to help my immune system to balance itself. And I also saw my hair very dark as it used to be and decided not to go blond after all. Maybe.

Candy Minx, when you come to visit, don't worry, I will stock the fridge with butter, reeeeeeeeeeeeeel butter. And remind me to make "Fry bread" for breakfast. And loads of fruit to counteract it. :)

Tomorrow lunch with a friend, doing some business related things, and then when home I hope to do something creative once I find a place in which to do it....

3 comments:

punxxi said...

personally I love the way your hair looks in your picture rest up!!!thankfully we don't have any kids come trick or treating out here in boonieville, so we don't have to buy candy to tempt us.

Gardenia said...

I love watching the little kids - and I really should think of something more constructive than candy to give them, I suppose. That would help them AND me. Pencils or something! Thanks, Punxxi - that idea hit me reading your comment!

Candy Minx said...

I love Tyra Banks. And she fits into your comments about Twiggy. I was so happy when Twiggy was a judge on her ANTM for a few years.Twiggy had some very interesting perspectives on the models etc. I was glad she had a comeback and new generations got to see her.

I would have the same trouble if I had chocolate bars in the hous. I love chocolate. Ina low carb diet, it's "okay" to have some real milk chocolate now and then because it has less carbs than other treats and desserts. Moderation-weeeellll ha try to have oderation. I like to have chocolate after a high protein snack.

Stress is a huge factor in weight. The hormones released in stressful situations...in negative thinking force the body to gain weight and hold on to weight...especially in the tummy/waist area.

Secret...finding a way to live and think without stress or negative stress...not easy...