Friday, December 21, 2007

Mashing Hugs for Bloggy Friends


Blogging has been a part of my life for over two years now. Blogging and blog friends saw me through a winter of my life, in every sense.

I'm still blogging (obviously) although sometimes I haven't much to say.

Two of my blog friends have made my heart thump with concern with resulting prayers arising for their situations recently. I'm amazed at the feelings of emotional involvement and attachment for many of those that I've been essentially corresponding with for several years.

What was "a hobby" and "outlet for writing" has become an integral part of my life. So have the people behind the blogs. In fact, I swear some of us have said things on the blogs we wouldn't in our lives outside the blogs.

Here is a thought that comes and goes - (because I have lost someone near and dear to me in life and know it can happen) what if "something" happened to one of us? Who would know, how would we know?

I have given someone my password so they can tell folks if I've gone over the edge, ran off with Fabio, or to the great beyond or the long sleep or whatever so they can post to let everyone know. ("L" it's you!) Kind of like leaving a will. Only the benefit is knowing why a blogger that has been around for a long time has ceased to blog because of a major event. Ever think about that?

And, whoever made the call overseas in an emergency out of care and love and concern - that's above and beyond the call of bloggy duty, and it was the depth of caring.

Many have shared boxes, advice, recipes, talents, parts of themselves, calls, and emails, for that I thank you.

So even if you aren't a huggy person, I am sending you all these enormous hugs right now. Be hugged! You are so appreciated!

5 comments:

tshsmom said...

I agree that this experience has been way more than I bargained for. I adore my blogfriends!
Hugs right back atcha, my friend!

mister anchovy said...

cheers!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Couldn't do without yer babe x

**Ya Think** said...

I can so relate to this post. I have a dear friend who passed recently. Those who are interested may read it on my blog. She had an online website and I was able to secure the administration for her site, as well as access to her site. This was her wish for many years, so preperations had been made. Now I have to go make arrangements for her in Connecticut.

I have wondered, as well, how about our cyber friends?

It is of no accident I have my birth year to present on my blog. I recently gave someone my password info, and I think you know who you are. :-) That is the blank you are to fill in if anything ever happens to me.

I sit here and think about my friend who passed and have wondered if I could do some type of memorial for her. I wish I would have had the forsite to place the post of her passing and the many comments on her own memorial blog.I did not do that, but I may Iframe the post to her website.

Has anyone else thought about this topic? How do we handle it and what do we do when someone we grew to care about disappears off the web? And what can we do to safeguard that?

* (asterisk) said...

Hey Gardenia. You are so right about how this thing becomes an integral part of our lives. We all have our peaks and troughs, in life as in blogging, but I can't imagine not blogging now.