Saturday, April 18, 2009

Found - Camera!


It was on top of my refrigerator. This only goes to illustrate how much crap the top of my refrigerator accumulates - when I can't find a camera lying up there.

This little critter above can be found, if my door is unlocked, sneaking into my kitchen, sitting at the table and painting away. LOL. I was in bed this afternoon - tired from a lot of action today - and I looked up and there is a Filipino woman in my kitchen! Yoiks. I think she was grabbing a kid. I didn't even get up. I have 11 children in my yard. This is getting out of hand.

Before I feel sorry for myself, I marvel at the neighborhood feeling the kids are generating knowing no boundaries. And it feels good. Most of the time. I feel good NOT being the creature who comes home at dark, slips into the house, isolates, and goes back to work the next day! Food comes from the Filipino neighbor. Mutual babysitting from the navy family. Landscape advice on one side of us and he even edges our yard. We give him meat. We have a wonderful, homogenous navy neighborhood, that's one reason I love my city - diversity!

Isn't it the cutest kid though? And how could I refuse a budding artist? Oi - I have created a nightmare. I am the neighborhood art department and kiddie coral.

Tomorrow night I shall escape to my group of friends, La Bella Leonissi, and we shall paint and sip and snack and tell women stories and perhaps share primitive women tales - finding many commonalities. I just realized how many men call their women crazy when they (the men) are acting crazy - then we all began to tell our own crazy stories - the times men made us crazy and our wild female womanly abandon to the land of crazy concerning our men - and yes, tis true - we are a bit crazy. So, here's a toast to all us hot, crazy, beautiful women! Beware the lioness! But never forget - she will hunt for you and bring you nice warm food fresh off the hoof!

5 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Great post and yes the little dude is cute. Glad to hear everyone helps everyone.. That is how it should be.. Esp in this economy..

Wandering Coyote said...

Woo-hoo! LOVE this post, Gardenia! So full spunk and feminine power! I hope you have a marvelous time tomorrow.

I'm so glad you found your camera. Funny how these things just show up, eh?

Milla said...

What Coyote said!

Such a great, great post.
And believe it or not, as I was reading it, the sun came out from the clouds! Beautiful coincidence ;-)

tshsmom said...

What a cutie! I wish our neighborhood was like yours. Our neighbors are half-wit crackers!

Lioness...I like that! My kids always call me a she-bear as I'm extremely protective of my "cubs". I also don't have the svelte build of a lioness.

A little healthy man-bashing among girl friends is usually a great therapy. ;)

Biddie said...

There is a part of me that longs for that kind of 'hood. I miss the days of knowing my neighbour and having people pop by with extras from the garden, and I do miss the occasional babysitting duty...
I am a loner though, at heart and it gets to be too much for me. I need my solitude, even though I know that it can also be my undoing.
I'm glad that you found your camera..I lose mine all of the time. Saturday at the mall I tore my purse apart looking for my cell phone. Panic was setting in when I realized that it was my pants pocket the whole time. Lol.
I hope that you had a great time with your friends. Nothing like laughter and friendship.