Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend Thoughts and Half Hearted Actions





My little camera has several features I haven't tried - decided I should try the panorama feature. I don't think I'm impressed, maybe it will take some practice. I wish, I want a super camera. Definitely not a need. The little critters in my yard are hunting Easter eggs. They found a few - never know where that rabbit will dump an egg or two.

Its warm today - but oddly, for Florida, windy. Feels like Wyoming. Well, sort of. I want to plant flowers, but have to wait for "payday."

No plans for Easter, perhaps the boy will dye some eggs - perhaps I will pitch in and paint some. I actually finished a painting last night. OOoops now that I've posted it up, I've decided maybe its not totally finished.

Maybe oldest daughter, grandkids and I will find a super yummy buffet on the beach Sunday...maybe. I have visions of a rack of lamb dancing in my head, finished off with a pretty dessert. Wouldn't it be something if we could put on bathing suits and play on the sand and in the water! I guess it won't be long so I should just shut it up. Its been a weird weather year.

My Catholic friends have invited me to "Stations of the Cross" tonight - perhaps I will go, I need a reminder to focus on what I believe in and see deeper than the eggs, the pastel colors and the bunny.

Today is only Friday but it feels definitely like Saturday. Anyway happy weekend everyone! And have a beautiful Easter holiday.

7 comments:

tshsmom said...

Nice painting!

SME's youth group did a Stations of the Cross when she was a teen. Very moving.

Whatever you decide to do, let Easter rejuvenate your soul. Rebirth is what it's all about.
Happy Easter, my friend!

Wandering Coyote said...

That painting is awesome, Gardenia!

punxxi said...

I hope you have a wonderful and renewing easter!

The Preacherman said...

The painting is like the 'after' to my 'before' ;-)

Happy Easter babe x

Candy Minx said...

I think your photos are fantastic. I like the panorama...it would be good for certain landscapes. I hope when you're at the beach next you'll try it...could be cool.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Biddie said...

Happy Easter, I hope that you had a lovely day with your family :)
I want a super camera, too, but sadly, I can barely manage the one that I have.
I am NOT savvy.

Candy Minx said...

Hey just checking on you again...I bet you are tired out from the weekend right? I forgot to say, I love that painting!