Tuesday, April 28, 2009



Well, I started to post but Blogspot wouldn't upload any more photos.

Saturday we went to the beach where my granddaughter's dad had rented a condo so she could take some friends and get away for her birthday. They hung around the pools, had cake and went to a concert. We didn't go to the concert, but we did float the "Lazy River." I'm now nursing a wrenched arm - I forgot how old I am and tried to do a flip on the inner tube. Got a bit of a tan, hooray! I wish I could live in that place, it is sooooo nice. And I love being on the water. But sure would miss a yard!

My oldest grandson and his girlfriend were there - they live about 1,500 miles apart. She's planning on moving south, but poor girl, she is born and raised in Maine - it will be major culture shock. Especially when it gets HOT and HUMID.

I can't believe my babies are growing up - - it is a joy to see them grown and such wonderful people, but there is always that twinge when your "babies" - kids or grandkids - reach that place where they are on to another stage of life. Sigh. Heavens it just crossed my mind I could potentially be a great grandma at some point in the next ten years. Eeeeek!

More pics when Blogspot will allow of the condo and Lazy River!

4 comments:

punxxi said...

Dangit! Don't you just hate it when Blogger is uncooperative? Looks like place to have a birthday.

Well tomorrow is going to be our first day of cleaning and damage assessment, I have already packed 2 important things so we don't forget them, toilet paper and paper towels!

S.M. Elliott said...

That's one funky birthday cake! I like it.

tweetey30 said...

I love the looks of that cake. Happy B-day kiddo and hope you enjoyed your time with her Gardenia.

Wandering Coyote said...

That's one funky cake! Looking forward to the photos.