Saturday, November 08, 2008

A Cozy Winter's Eve

Just getting ready to get my book, "Dreams from My Father," climb in bed and read and just snuggle. I got all three of President Elect Obama's books - I want to know who he is. So far I've found he is an incredibly mentally organized person and believe it or not, vulnerable and honest enough to write about those vulnerabilities. I've only read about 25 pages so far, however. Anyway, after all the political stuff, decided to get back to my normally domestic posting.

"H" bought me a Nikken sleep system because of my back when we heard people say how the system had helped them conquer sleep disorders, including sleep apnea as well as reducing pain from bad hips, backs, shoulders, etc., etc. This has reduced his wild sleeping habits by about 80% (loud snoring, kicking, flailing of arms, falling out of bed) and when I sleep in it - I wake feeling as refreshed as if I had been sleeping in a down filled bed in a cabin by a mountain stream. So....I like being in bed!

I also set up a system at my grandson's house to help with the ADD and to help him get a good deep REM processing sleep.

I've felt weird lately - headaches, nausea - sort of like a light dose of flu. I stopped at the mini-mart and they had a sign up for flu shots and I talked with the nurse and decided to get one even if I did feel woogy. So, we'll see. My arm is starting to ache in the elbow - bah. Darned if ya do, and darned if ya don't.

The boy has a case of something, coughing - his mom is sick. He came to take a peppermint bath with intentions of going home, but when he got in his flannel sleeper, he decided he would stay with "Nan" for the night. He is snuggled in my bed, watching a movie. His 3rd one for the weekend - going to have to be a bad Nan and turn it off so he can get needed sleep. Its a bummer with so much more darkness, losing daylight, and turning cold. Ok, yeh, I'm in Florida and, yes, cold is relevant - but to me it's cold.

It is cold in the morning and cold in the evening - but warm in the daytime - a good set up for viral attack. I think I will order some immune boosters and have them Fed Ex'd.

Ok, on to the bed and book.

5 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

That sleep system looks pretty fancy. Glad it's working for you.

Well, something's going around - in real life and the blogosphere...I have no idea what I have but man do I feel icky and sick...I hope it doesn't last long. I'm having a nice bath and then hitting bed with a book, too.

tshsmom said...

Back in my 20s, my doctor recommended an extra-firm foam mattress on a sheet of plywood. L and I slept so well, that we built our own bed to accommodate not having a box spring.

Gardenia said...

tshsmom, our new bed is on the firm side - but can be adjusted (air mattresses under the tempurpedic foam and magnetics) - we're using the old box spring - which someday just might get replaced with the plywood platform - gone are the days when I could sleep on anything!

The most comfortable bed I ever had, I bought used at an auction in Wyoming - I loved that bed, but too to get it here...

Yeh - something's going around - Coyote I hope you get to feeling better - rest, drink lots of liquids - that's what we're doing today -

tweetey30 said...

Hope your grandson and granddaughter get lots of use of there hats and scarves this year.. I know it was middle of the year when I made them last year.. Sleep deeply and enjoy your new bed...

Candy Minx said...

Way to go with all the reading! You inspire me!