Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feeling rough lately?



Many of my friends either have or know someone either in their family or their circle of friends suffering from kidney stones and/or infections. Even the doctors are stumped as to the cause.

I've been called a "prima donna" for tossing food back on the shelf, in the produce, or freezer that says "Made in China" on the wrapper. (Mainly because, well, I have a long list of reasons.) "Well, I don't have a kidney infection, thank you," - I tell my critics. Could it be the melamine?

5 comments:

tshsmom said...

I'm a prima donna too! I won't buy pet food or toys from China either. It's not just the poisons that keep showing up in their foodstuffs either, although that's reason enough. I have a LOT of reasons for not importing food.

Wandering Coyote said...

I avoid Chinese products as much as possible, too. I don't really purchase much processed food, and I do all my own baking etc. so I'm not worried about melamine in my food.

Karen said...

Why should being concernced about your health and wellbeing make you a prima donna? I say you're one smart melamine-free cookie.

mister anchovy said...

I see that melamine has now been detected in American baby formula.

Gardenia said...

Yes, it is in baby formula, not conducive to healthy babies. I always watch for where pet food originates too - although some manufacturers are getting smart and only putting on the package where the product was processed rather than the origination.