Thursday, November 20, 2008

Politics and Panini


I've tried to post several times and the blogspot process breaks down and I lose everything. Well.....

I haven't heard this yet on the mainstream news (but I've been "fasting" tv, except for cooking channels) - but its all over the internet. Stories are circulating that a grand jury indictment has come down out of Chicago in regard to crimes committed by Bush/Cheney. Why now? Was the power structure so intense that nothing could be done before now? Mention of "war crimes" - - this will be interesting as it unfolds.

U.S. federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald’s Chicago grand jury has voted perjury and obstruction of justice indictments to the following members of the Bush Administration: President George W. Bush, Vice-President Richard Cheney, Bush Chief of Staff Andrew Card, Cheney Chief of Staff I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, former Attorney General John Ashcroft, imprisoned New York Times reporter Judith Miller and former Senior Cheney advisor Mary Matalin.

There were no indications given as to whether the President and his top staff members would appear publicly before cameras at the grand jury proceedings, given the gravity of the charges.

Besides the Valerie Plame CIA leak case, the Fitzgerald probe is reportedly far-reaching and expanding much deeper into past White House criminal acts involving Bush-Clinton drug money laundering in Mena, Arkansas to White House involvement in 9.11; but also for sending America’s young people to their deaths or to be maimed in Iraq and Afghanistan under false pretenses.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair was indicted for obstruction of justice and is reportedly consulting with members of Parliament and legal aides regarding how to avoid appearing in the U.S.A. for interrogation before Fitzgerald in Chicago.


"Imprisoned New York Times Reporter?" Yep. Politics are reallllll scary. Time will tell I guess as to the truth of what has really gone on. War Crimes are mentioned as well, such as violations of the Geneva Treaty.

As we wait to see who gets what appointments in our President Elect's cabinet, I'm wondering how this will affect the appointments?

Life is "same ol" here at the Casa. Preparing for Thanksgiving at my daughter's.

Someone gave me a new "toy" - a George Foreman grill that has a million, well, not really, but several different attachments: griddle, panini press, quesadilla press - etc., etc. I ordered an Italian cookbook full of panini, crostini, etc., recipes. Probably a big mistake....I am torn between making Christmas cookies and wondering if I can resist the temptation to eat them. That might be like an alcoholic taking a job as a bar tender. Hmmmm. My quirkiness has me searching for the hidden meaning of owning six grills, two of which are collecting dust in the garage. No mental searches of the past bring back memories particularly of sowing grills. Of course, my favorite is outdoors grilling - I so am craving a buffalo burger with blue cheese on it! It will be nice to have a garage sale and get rid of all but one inside and one outside grill - I need more space.

Last night made a late run to Best Buy - and picked up a $450.00 five year series DVD set of the LaFemme Nikita TV series - in my opinion the best series ever, for a grand sale price of $75.00. My daughter will be very happy. For five years we planned our life around the series!

If I could find the tether cords to my cameras so I could post photos - I would. It's driving me crazy - this loss of cords to everything!

Speaking of TV, Rachael Ray is on and that is my elliptical time - gotta run!

8 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Jeez, let's hope these charges actually go somewhere.

Love the new grill! My roommate has a GF grill just big enough for a single person and it's really great.

punxxi said...

anyone can bring charges up, they don't have to be exactly true or go anywhere, sometimes it's just for the smear or to distract you from something else that is going on...takin' some heat...bomb an aspirin factory, sound familiar????
I'm just sayin, yanno?

tshsmom said...

I've been avoiding the news too.

If you have a freezer, just freeze your Christmas cookies. Just bring a few at a time out to thaw.

Babe said...

These charges may very well be a decoy of sorts!
we shall see....
Interesting times these are.

GF grills rock!

I am sorry for the loss of your son.
I did not know about the November dates. Will from now on!

Make the Xmas cookies..... life is short!

Gardenia said...

Yes, I don't believe everything I read in the news - well, and as I said this hasn't hit mainstream news so it is doubly suspect - we shall see....ok, ok, I give in - I'm tuning into the news channel!

I bought meat today in a wild food shopping spree - oh that was fun - daughter took me to the commissary with her and we split the cost of the Thanksgiving stuff - haven't bought meat in a long time - and I'm anxious tonight to cook SOMETHING on it and break it in....I want pancakes and eggs but have no sugar free syrup, drat! OR a blue cheese burger - or - - - pork chop - or - - even a stir fry, ah - pork fried rice? Hmmmmm

Re - cookies - freezer is filled with "H's" sausages - really! I think I will go out their tonight and check pull dates.....evil laughing in the background

Gardenia said...

there...

tweetey30 said...

Wow. I have never had a buffalo burger.. Hopefully someday.. That sounds good.

tshsmom said...

I love your evil laughter!
If H misses his meat, just tell him to have a cookie. ;)