Wednesday, November 26, 2008

'Twas the day before Thanksgiving


I smell food, let me in!


Of all the times for a leak to pop up! I will fix it even if my head blows up! Loosen up the Adam's apple a little bit, won't you.


Where oh where am I going to cook?

Oh joy! No one ever accused me of being fast. It just dawned on me that I can take the SD card out of my camera, insert it in the laptop and it will transfer the pics. Duh! Well, trying to cook - we do have a fresh turkey - oh well - I'm making stuffing (northern style), cranberry sauce is done, cranberry salad is done, I am working on the stawberry pretzel salad and the home made rolls - ohhhhhhhh my back is hurting - ow, ow, ow, ow. Days like this I am ready for surgery. Well, it'll be better later. Grandson is making various types of circuit boards, "H" getting ready for work. Daughter and grandkids coming from Mobile, and daughter who lives here is excited about hosting her first Thanksgiving Dinner in her new house. Pictures will follow. All the anxiety for nothing. But then there are always the Mimosas......coy smile here!

5 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Happy Thanksgiving Gardenia and extended family.. Enjoy your Holiday..

Karen said...

Happy Day Before THanksgiving! Mmmm, turkey and stuffing. But what is "northern" stuffing? Is there a difference between it and "southern" stuffing? And if so, what is southern stuffing? I'm so confused but imagining the delicious smells... mmmm.

Gardenia said...

Northern stuffing (my version) is made with bread, lots of butter, poultry seasoning, onions and celery. Southern stuffing is usually made with cornbread. And variations thereof - myself I love OYSTER stuffing! But no one else does here - so "northern" stuffing it is - was a recipe handed down from Grandma, who knows where she got it - she was from Missouri. Irish ancestry.

The Preacherman said...

Can't beat a bit of northern stuffing.... ;-)

behave Dinners.....

Milla said...

Is that Elvis I see above your sink? And what is next to him? It looks like branches of a tree with birds on them...I cannot make the picture bigger so I am simply guessing. Will you tell me?