Friday, November 28, 2008

Family and Friends

Daughter and her "H" - she sure knows how to put a man to work. Two SIL's in one shot, eh eh.
Back from a scary place - it was a privilege to meet this young man at dinner who had safely made it through his service in the worst location of war...his baby is happy too! We were doubly thankful for men like him who are willing to do whatever they have to do for their country.
Its been a long time - friend in the middle was youngest daughter's good friend in high school - now stationed here with army husband
Nana with bad hair day and youngest daughter whose house we had dinner at....
Oldest daughter and my granddaughter
Older daughter's man, and an old family friend and baby
Well, I didn't tap. I fully dove into the plentiful food available and also fully enjoyed being around family and friends. It was a great day. The only bad thing was the baby is starting to climb and pull herself up in preparation for walking and fell off of the sofa and ended up with a hairline fracture in her tiny arm - - - that was a bummer - - - the friend's and her husband's little girls are so sweet - - - it was a boisterous, noisy, plentiful Thanksgiving.

Recipe for leftover Turkey:
Sopa
tear in stripes one package of corn tortillas, cream of chicken soup dilluted with one can of milk, monterray jack cheese grated, left over turkey, several cans of green chilies, one can of sliced water chestnuts

layer the above ingredients in a casserole dish, bake at 350 for about 50 minutes - enjoy!

9 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Great post - I love all the pics of the smiley people!

tshsmom said...

I'm glad you didn't tap. Forget the diet on Thanksgiving!

That recipe sounds great! I'm always looking for leftover turkey recipes for my collection. I bet you could substitute leftover turkey gravy for the soup.

punxxi said...

that sounds like a good use for leftover turkey, but we sent most of out leftovers home with other people ...including the entire fabby desert that I made for the 1st, but not last time...it was a carmalized bread pudding cheesecake ...it was great!( brag brag) I will make it again for Christmas but I will make it a pumpkin cheesecake instead of plain.

Babe said...

Yumm-O!
Love the sound of that recipe.

Photos are extraordinary!!
You look great.Hair looked good to me too.
Your Girlz look just like you.
Beautiful family...you are!

Babe said...

Forgot to say how much I appreciate
the service of that fine young man!!!

Milla said...

Your family look so happy! These are great shots...and some of your family members are even wearing SHORT sleaves... WOW!!!

Biddie said...

I saw the photos on facebook and was going to comment.
I love the photo of you and J.
Gorgeous.
It looks like a wonderful day.

tweetey30 said...

Yes the photo's are beautiful Gardenia. I liked it quiet here this year. His mother wanted us to go to her house but we are seeing them next month...

Candy Minx said...

Great family pics! Lots of help and lots of fun...happy thanksgiving (late I know...ooops)