Monday, November 24, 2008

Tap, tap, tap OR Conquering Thanksgiving Day challenges


Being a recovered sugarholic and maybe not so recovered, I've began shopping about for techniques to allow me to bake Christmas cookies and make Christmas candies and not eat them. I've been introduced to this "Tapping Therapy" often used to break addictions, and thought - "Well, it's worth a try!"

Last night I did all the Chakras and today have done very well with the cravings. My goal is to make it through the holidays and lose five pounds! Yes, crazy. I am a crazy person, but adorable. Perhaps this will get me through the front door anxiety and Thanksgiving day.

At the dinner table I can see it - tap, tap, tap, tap - suspicious glances, but people being too polite to ask - tap, tap, tap, tap, seven times - seven Chakras (energy centers). Tap, Tap - - - "Oh, that's just mom." (Until home with each other then - "Your mother is getting nuttier as time goes on.") Ah hahahahah, yes but now I am a (relatively)slender mudder. Har har ahahaha. I will successfully bypass the pies, the whipped cream, the stuffing, the Mimosas (orange juice generously laced with champagne), (yes, I used to eat 1/2 a loaf of bread while making the stuffing). Tap, tap, tap.....

7 comments:

Heidi Grether said...

To hell with food. Let's just have the mimosas. Tap tap, toot. Who gives a hoot. Drink up cute! Give em th' boot!

Gardenia said...

LOL, HG!!!!! You are right - let's do the mimosas and not even THINK about the food, LOL.

tweetey30 said...

That sounds like a great idea to tap to keep you from eating what your not suppose to have.. Just wish it would help with my mom because she is a diabetic... She still eats everything in front of her..

punxxi said...

I tried that and it did make my headache go away. Another easier trick is one we used to use in our stop smoking classes, that is to put a rubber band around your wrist, and everytime you have a craving, you just pull it out a bit and let it snap against your wrist. this technique is also used by cutters and peaople that want to break any type of bad habit.

Gardenia said...

Well, the rubber band would be quicker and not as obvious while in the company of others! Will have to try it.

Gardenia said...

Well, the rubber band would be quicker and not as obvious while in the company of others! Will have to try it.

Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, I am a aware of the tapping technique; I'm not convinced, but whatever works for you!

Look, it's a fricking holiday, though! You're allowed to indulge a bit and enjoy the food. I always get annoyed when people limit themselves around the holidays and make themselves miserable for no reason (I'm not suggesting you're making yourself miserable, however). It's a crappy time of year to diet and we have such unreasonable expectations at these occasions; just watch it the rest of the year, I say.