Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let Nothing Ye Dismay....


Come on in, have a cookie and a shot of Tequila! Or hot chocolate capped with marshmallows!


Most of the presents are wrapped - just a few more to go.


The cookies are done - except for one more batch, Clementine Cookies. I'm done with the frenzy of baking tons of them, done with my feeding frenzy, and now think they are rather a lovely piece of art.


What child is this? Tonight he was going to auction off all his toys for an aunt who has fallen on hard times, and give her his $20.00 Walmart card. He prayed, "God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing ye dismay, remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas day." Then he laid his hand on my hand and went to sleep. Yeh, I cried at one of life's beautiful moments.

11 comments:

Biddie said...

Oh, Gardenia, you have a special grandson. It is not often that kids his age (or any, for that matter) think of others this way.
I will keep his aunt in my prayers :)
I would love to stop by for hot chocolate sometime.

tweetey30 said...

That is so special. I know the girls would love him and his heart. Take good care of him..

Karen said...

What a wonderful grandson. Now that's what Christmas is all about.

Milla said...

Ohhh this post has more Christmas feeling in it than 100 other posts put together!
Thank you Gardenia for sharing this with us.

And now, for that shot of Tequila....

Babe said...

The cookies look too good.
Truly is artwork!

Sage is extraordinary!!!
Thank God he has you.

Now, pass that tequila...will 'ya?

Wandering Coyote said...

Your grandson is obviously a great kid and will grow into a great man, I think!

Your cookies look wonderful, and I love the tins! I am a huge fan of nice cookie tins! I usually get mine for 25 cents at the thrift store!

punxxi said...

he is a true wonderchild, and you have a whole lot to do with that!
Happy Christmas!

tshsmom said...

That picture of your front window is soooo cozy looking! I keep trying to get a picture like that but all I get is the flash reflected in the frost. :(

Sounds like S is a LOT like his grandma! What a sweetheart!!

Candy Minx said...

What a sweet kind grandson you have, no small part from your influence.

What great pictures I want to come over for some hot cocoa! Your cookies loook amazing.

punxxi said...

by the way is that a flashlight S is sleeping with, cos it looks like a coffee container !

Gardenia said...

punxxi - yes, a giant flashlight - and a spare smaller one on the headboard. Ya never know when you might need one quick!